In her efforts to give back to the community she has actively participated as a volunteer or a Member in the following organizations or groups:
- LULAC – #22256 Families for Inclusion, 2014 to Current
- City of Houston Latino HIV Task Force -1998-current, Served as Chair 2013 & 2014
- Latino Commission on AIDS, Latinos in the Deep South – Dennis DeLeon Sustainable
- Texas Children’s Hospital Departments of Allergy & Immunology/Retrovirology Department – 17+ years
- National Hispanic Professionals Organization
- Hispanic Women in Leadership
- The Fort Bend HIV/AIDS Coalition
- The City of Houston Community Planning Group
She is an Award Recipient for:
- 2014 – League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) Women of Distinction-Equity for Women Award Recipient for Texas
- 2009 – Honoree to 1st Group of Houston’s 100 Hispanic Women in Leadership Award
She has a genre of skills and knowledge where she has accomplished in the Health and Social Services spectrum for over 30+ years. Throughout her professional career, she has worked for specialty Agencies in HIV/AIDS Services and enhanced her abilities to empower those at-risk for HIV/AIDS and Substance Use/Abuse.
She started her work in this journey as a volunteer to collaborate and support a predominantly Hispanic Agency. She has continued her work with HIV Prevention and Intervention with various agencies for over 30 years as the HIV/AIDS pandemic evolved and has inclusively devoted 8 years in the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services. Currently, she is a Client Level Data Analyst and serves as a Data Auditor for Ryan White Services in 51 Counties in Texas. She is a Certified Texas Voters Registrar in both 2014 and 2016.
All her work has been in providing services to those who are under privileged, under served, or not aware of how or where to access services. Her future plan to continue to give what she can to those in most need of help and assistance; and look for the day that there is a cure for HIV/AIDS, access to quality, affordable Health Care for all, in a world free of Stigma and discrimination.